Sunday, July 3, 2011

Strength, Song, Purpose, So Long!














I’m taking a break from packing and am hoping the rest of my team is not in the same boat as I am.  (And I thought procrastination would stop after college! haha)

India, are you ready!??  Yes, I’m sure you are.  I know the Holy Spirit has gone before us and has been working to open doors and hearts.

Speaking of hearts, my heart has been feeling funny all day.  I keep wanting to cry.  Strange, huh?  It’s finally hitting me.  I’m not sad… and I’m not even scared anymore. What’s left is just… this overwhelming amazement at how amazing, wonderful, awesome, holy, powerful, gracious, beautiful… how crazy our God is.  I’m seriously just in awe— of the things to take place in both our hearts and those hearts waiting for us in India.

For the past few months, from the moment I decided to commit to serving in India, God has been showing us how much He loves us—through His provision, grace, and through our supporters.  It really is overwhelming the amount of love He has for us. 

Lord, thank you for the cross.  Thank you for reminding me of my weakness.  Thank you for saying, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 

Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)


Weakness + the following song = maybe why I was so moved during praise this afternoon


I have not much to offer You, not near what You deserve
But still I come because Your cross has placed in me my worth
Oh, Christ my King of sympathy, whose wounds secure my peace
Your grace extends to call me friend; Your mercy sets me free
And I know I'm weak; I know I'm unworthy to call upon Your name
But because of grace, because of Your mercy, I stand here unashamed

I can't explain this kind of love.

I'm humbled and amazed that You'd come down from heavens heights
and greet me face to face
Here I am at Your feet, in my brokeness complete
Just wanted to share that as an encouragement. :]








OK!!! This is it! (I THINK).  No more communication with the internet world for who knows how long!  Hopefully, we’ll be able to get online a few times while we’re in India so we can update you guys about how God is moving and working in us and through us!  So remember to check back every once in a while!  We’ll probably also be posting prayer requests along with our praise reports!
The following is our team purpose and our prayer requests:
1. Encourage and partner with church plants in rural areas  surrounding Bangalore through medical missions
2. Document the work being done in India to share with supporters and encourage mid-term missions
3. Encourage teachers/professionals in Special Needs School in Kerala and share God’s love with children with disabilities
4. Unity amongst GLMC, KCM, IEC, and Sathyam ministries
5. That this short-term missions trip would open doors for life-long partnerships in India


I know I say it every post, but really we are SO thankful for your prayers.  Please please please continue to remember us and pray for us diligently!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Our send-off will be at 1pm at LAX Tom Bradley.


2 comments:

  1. great job with the updates, grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks susan~! thank YOU for being a costly sender :]

    ReplyDelete